Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 16, 2018

Making a candy bar. So easy a child can do it.

For years my favorite candy bar has been the Hershey bar with almonds, and as far as milk chocolate goes, I think it's still the best, but lately I have been leaning towards the dark chocolate. Hershey makes a dark chocolate bar with almonds, but I'm not crazy about Hershey's dark, but it's a little too sweet for me. The only other dark chocolate, with almonds, I have found so far is one sold at Wegmans, a super market chain that's concentrated in the north eastern part of the country. The candy is under their brand name and is delicious, but the almonds are chopped into little pieces, and I like whole almonds.

Somebody once said, “If you want something done right, do it yourself”, so until I can find a convenient source for what I'm looking for, maybe I need to think of a way to produce it myself. I started thinking how it could be done, and as it turns out, the solution had little, or nothing to do with rocket science. You melt some chocolate, and pour it over a bunch of almonds. So easy a child could do it, so I rounded up a couple of children and we did it. We used Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips. Click on the video and watch me, and the kids make a candy bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear from you.