Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Raspberry Salad Dressing

Some months ago, I received a gift of about five glasses of home made raspberry preserves. It's good stuff and works with anything, like peanut butter, and raspberry preserve sandwiches, and on waffles, or to sweeten a cup of green tea. One got lost in the pantry, and I just found it. I've been playing around with salad dressings lately, so I started formulating a raspberry dressing recipe. Here's what I came up with.


1 tablespoon raspberry preserves
1 tablespoon vinegar
3tablespoons olive oil
1 half teaspoon salt
1 half teaspoon fresh ground black pepper corns

Put it all in a bowl, and whisk.

Because I believe in playing around with recipes, I modified this one in several different ways. You add and subtract ingredients according to your taste. Here is some of my variations.

1.I added another tablespoon of raspberry preserves, which made it a little sweeter.
2.Added a tablespoon of Dijon mustard, which added the flavor of the mustard, and made the dressing thick, and creamy.
3.I also tried it with lemon instead of vinegar.
4.You can even use another kind of preserves, or jelly
5.If you substitute honey, instead of the preserves, and add the dijon, than you have honey mustard.

It was good to me every way I tried it. This dressing has lots of flavor, which means it doesn't take much to dress your salad. After all olive oil has as many calories as any other oil, if that matters to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear from you.